Deploying Google Adsense was maybe the first thing that you have done as an Internet Marketer or blogger to earn extra income. It is the easiest way to make money. (Easy to deploy and you can trust them since it’s from Google.)
But you should be really careful and follow Google’s guide on how and where to show the Adsense ADs. Otherwise your AdSense account will be closed and you will be banned. Once banned, you should prove that you didn’t cheat (I heard this is really difficult).
One of the worst mistakes is to buy clicks from a party from oversea country where manual labor is really cheap. Please don’t fool yourself and don’t ever try to cheat Google or you will loose the easiest way to earn money. I have seen so many people doing this and they all failed and banned from Google.
So here are the basic rules of Google AdSense.
- Don’t click on your own ads.
- Don’t ask others to click on your ads.
- Don’t include any prohibited site content, including adult content, violence or excessive profanity, drugs (including alcohol and tobacco), or copyrighted material.
- Don’t modify the AdSense code.
- Do follow our Webmaster Quality Guidelines.
- Do provide a good user experience.
- Don’t place more than 3 ad units, 3 link units, 2 search boxes, and 3 referral units on any page.
- Don’t place images near ads in a way that may mislead users into thinking that the images are associated with the ads.
Some tips from me:
* Do not put too many ads in a page. I read that too many Ads will result low CPC ads showing up. That means each click will earn less money. Using 2 ~ 3 of different ad types are good.
* You should analyze your layout and refer to the Google suggested Heat map to determine the best position to maximize the chance to be seen .
* If you are expecting lots of traffics coming, contact Google Adsense Team and let them know that you are expecting traffics due to certain reason.
* One of the hot topics is that often someone clicks the AD several times ( 5 or more times). This could be seen by Google as invalid clicks and you may get warnings. For example, your keyword competitor can intentionally click your website’s AdSense AD several times intentionally, just to give you hard time. At this time , this kind of invalid multiple clicks from the same IP address can not be blocked, so you need to monitor closely and report if you suspicious activity is detected. I read some articles regarding AdLogger that blocks the multiple clicks from the sample IP, but I am not quite sure if that is allowed by Google TOS.
Here are the related references from the Google Adsense Site.
What can I do to ensure that my account won’t be disabled?
Invalid Clicks Issues and Concerns
Google Adsense Program Policies
WP Marketing Blog